With the internet being a big promotional tool in this day and age, you need to be able to use it to your advantage to promote it. If you promote it right, you should be able to draw a fair amount of business from the internet. Below are some good ways to promote your business over the internet:
- Company Website: Every business needs a website. With the phone book becoming obsolete, people now go to internet search engines when looking for businesses. If your business is nowhere on the internet, you just lost a potential customer.
- Search Engine Optimization: If you got a website, that’s great. But you also need to make sure your site is able to be recognized by search engines. If your site is just a picture and no text, search engines will have no idea what your page is about. In order to make your site recognizable by search engines, you should include descriptive text, include keywords about your business somewhere in the page and give your page a good title. If your site is built by a professional web design company, many include search engine optimization in their web package. At New Heights Digital, it is included at no extra cost.
- Online Advertising: Just like Search Engine Optimization, many search engines also offer advertising options. Google offers AdWords, which is advertising on the side near the search results. Best part of that is you set the budget for how much you want to advertise. AdWords budgets are set by how much you are willing to spend daily. You are only charged if users click your ads.
- Social Networking: In addition to your website, you should also have social network profiles online. But keep in mind, these should not be used as a substitute for company websites. You should set up profiles on either of the major social networks, having one on each can also be helpful. Some of the major social networks include Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pinterest.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is a site where you can advertise for free. But be careful as there can be a good amount of scams going around Craigslist.